Friday, November 22, 2013

After a breakdown on Monday night in Prince George county Gina and I are back on the road.  I was hoping to be able to fix the problems myself but it was truly part failure and needed to be special ordered.  The oil vent hose had come loose, oil was spitting onto the engine. A fuel pressure regulator had failed and rich fuel air mixture was entering the engine through the same breather hose causing the engine oil to fill up with gas.

I spent a large portion of th  night figuring out what to do, eventually getting a tow back to Greg's in Vienna so I could order the parts and take  the van back to Autoscandia.
Yesterday Gina was given a clean bill of health. Right now I am getting a coffee at Hyperion (fantastic) in Fredericksburg VA. Gina seems to be doing well and I am happy to be on th  road in earnest.  Today's destination is Cape Hatteras North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment