Sunday, November 17, 2013

The green Mamba was sold on Friday to a couple of nice fellas, i hope she treats them well and proves to be the practical, pleasant machine she was to me.
The bolts, nuts and studs were lost in the US Mail. turns out the guy used the wrong address for me and sent the parts to a Marriott hotel (even after some emails from me about importance, willingness to pay extra for express post etc... I guess there are downsides to legal marijuana in Washington state, "sorry bro guess I messed up the address")
Saturday morning, parts in hand, the wheel swap went off without much trouble, a few new tools, a trusty sledge hammer and a strong older brother for leverage.

I got a good deal on a Bike rack for the 2" receiver that I installed earlier in the week, shortened it up so it didn't stick out way too far, mounted up the trusty old Trek and am now bike mobile.

Also was able to get a VW emblem and Westy stickers to give the ride an official look.

As of tonight, all of my personals are loaded up, doing final laundry and a little bit of route planning.  
Rehoboth beach Delaware bound then along the coastline south.... early itinerary to include the Delaware, Maryland and Virginia coastline across to Virginia beach then along the outer banks of the Carolinas.  





1 comment: